Monday, January 23, 2012

How can I limit the current drawn by my microwave oven transformers?

I am doing experiments with high voltage and plasma (I take extreme caution) in my garage.

I am new to electronics but I like tinker with all sorts of stuff.



So how can I limit the current drawn by my 2 MOT's? I was suggested a 150nF 120v capacitor before the MOT's, is this correct?



Problem is my breaker trips constantly due to the big surge in current. How can I solve this without using a resistive element like a toaster or heater?



Thank you in advance.How can I limit the current drawn by my microwave oven transformers?An inductor will slow the surge of current on startup.How can I limit the current drawn by my microwave oven transformers?Inductors resist changes in current.

No comments:

Post a Comment